- "I call upon the powers of Mars! Fireballs Charge!"
- —Attack Phrase
Mars Fareballs (also know as Mars Fireballs Charge) is an offensive attack used by Sailor Mars. Working in conjunction with Raye Hino's abilities as a Shinto Priestess, Sailor Mars uses a ofuda imbued with the power of Mars to paralyze enemies or banish evil spirits and negative forces.
Mars Fireballs can be used whether or not Raye Hino is transformed or not. As Sailor Mars, she can use the abilities of Mars to charge the ofuda with energy that has the ability to war off negative attacks from enemies that could physically disable her or the other Sailor Scouts. When she is not transformed, Raye uses the phrase, "Evil spirits disperse!" to activate the charm.
- The chanting Sailor Mars does in the Japanese version, "Rin, pyou, tou, sha, kai, jin, retsu, sai, zen. Akuryou taisan!" is called Kuji-in and is a form of Shinto meditation that is practices by Shinto, Shugendo, Zen and the Ninja. It is also known as "The Nine Finger Cuts".
Below are the individual meanings for the Shinto Kuji-in, as referenced from Wikipedia.
* Rin:Is to face.
* Pyou:(Also used as Hei) The soldier.
* Tou:To fight.
* Sha:The man (or the people); a foe
* Kai:The all, or the whole effect, or whole effort.
* Jin:In Formation, or position in camp or to prepare.
* Retsu:To move in column or a row, in a line; or marching, or to focus.
* Zai:To appear, or to exist to make yourself known, or create existence.
* Zen:To be in front. or show up in front.